1. Bharathidasan Noolasiriyar certificate of merit, Government of Tamilnadu for the book, “Poems of Bharathidasan – A translation”, during the poet’s centenary celebration in 1991.
2. Vallal Pandiththurai Thevar Award, Ramanathapuram Tamizh Sangam, 2003
3. Bharathidasan Award, Government of Tamilnadu, 2003
4. Best Tamil Scholar Award, All India University Tamil Teachers’ Association, Thanjavur, 2003
5. Senior Citizen Award, Rajarajan Educational and Cultural Society, Chennai, 2006
6. Haridhwaramangalam V.Gopalsamy Regunatha Rajaliyar Award, Rajaliyar Endowment, Haridhwaramangalam, 2011
7. Thiru.V.Kalyanasundaranar Award, The Tamilisai Mandram, Thanjavur , 2012
8. Nalli – Thisai Ettum Translation Award, Nalli – Thisai Ettum for – “Kuruntokai – An Anthology of Classical Tamil Poetry“, 2012
9. Kalaignar Porkili Award, BAPASI (Bookseller’s And Publishers’ Association of South India) during the World Book Day celebrations, 23rd of April 2013.
10. Ilakkiya Sudaroli Award, Lakshmi Chandrasekaran Memorial Endowment, ‘Natpu’ Service Association and Thozhil Thozhan, Thanjavur, 2014
11. Sadhanai Thamizhar Award (Outstanding Tamilian Award) for Lifetime Achievement, Kolkata Bharathi Tamil Sangam, Kolkata, West Bengal, 2014
12. Mozhipeyarppu Semmal, Uzhigal Social Welfare Association, Mupperum Vizha, Thanjavur, 2015,
13. Ilakkiya Aalumai, Tamilnadu Kalai Ilakkiya Perumandram, 11th State Conference, Thanjavur, 2015
14. Na. Mu. Venkatasamy Nattar Award, Karanthai Tamil Sangam & Thiruvayaru Tamil Aiyya Kalvik Kazhagam, Karanthai, 2016
15. G. U. Pope Translation Award for “Pattuppattu In English – The Ten Tamil Idylls”, Thamizh Academy, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai, 2017
16. Tolkappiyar Award – The Indian Presidential Award for Lifetime Achievement in Classical Tamil (2015), Central Institute of Classical Tamil, Government of India, 9th of May 2017